Have you ever experienced severe acidity in your life and fed up with your ongoing battle with this problem and find it difficult to overcome.
What is acid reflux disease and GERD?
The backward flow of stomach acid into the esophagus, giving the taste of regurgitated food, sour liquid at the back of your mouth or feel a burning the sensation in the chest also known as heartburn. This symptom may occur twice a week.
Sometimes, acid reflux progress to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a more severe form of reflux and the common symptom is frequent heartburn. The other symptoms are regurgitation of food, sour liquid, coughing, wheezing, difficulty in swallowing, chest pain while lying down at night. If you are facing such problem, then Urgent Care in Warren is the best center ever you have experienced.
What are the causes of acid reflux?
The common cause are:
- Stomach abnormality also known as a hiatal hernia
- Taking a heavy meal or lie down immediately after the meal
- Being overweight
- Lying on your back or bending over at the waist after heavy meal
- Eating certain food such as tomato, chocolate, onion, mint, garlic, spicy or citrus food or fatty foods
- Drinking beverages or alcohol or smoking
- Taking blood pressure medicines or aspirin
Symptoms of acid reflux:
Following are the symptoms of acid reflux:
- Bloody or black stool or bloody vomiting
- Dysphagia – narrowing of your esophagus that creates the sensation of food stuck in throat
- Weight loss for no reason
- Wheezing, hoarseness, dry cough or chronic sore throat
Treatments of acid reflux:
- The most effective way to treat acid reflux disease is to avoid intake of those foods and beverages that give rise to the problem.
- Eat smaller meal throughout the day.
- Quit smoking and lose weight and change your diet.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes and belts.
- Sometimes medications also help to control the effect, but you need to consult the doctor before you take any medicines.
- If any of the above methods and medicines do not work, then the doctor suggests for surgery. Belleville Emergency Room in Hospital is the place where you get immediate treatment.
If you are looking for better health care center, then, the Astra Health Center is the best.